We did it and genuinely beyond our wildest dreams! Thank you!!
As amazing as the support for this campaign has been, making sure that people more people know about first hand experiences’ mission to reconnect children, is an ongoing challenge.
In order for us to get more children from all backgrounds on our camps we want to go to schools and run FREE day long workshops with every class with a focus on bringing nature to the school using our whole food and inspiring children with our exciting approach.
With themes anchored in the seasons we will..
- Teach them how to make their own sugar free snack using organic ingredients such as chocolate and beetroot truffles or coco, seeded flap jacks.
- Kids love making juices and we believe starting the day with an intense hit of fresh, chemical free fruit and veg concoction, should be part of kids breakfast routine.
- Teach children how to prepare teeny crostini with ingredients like nettle, mint and pea pesto in spring or smashed bean and rosemary in winter.
- In summer we will make sure every child can come home from school on a hot day and make fresh minty lemonade! We’ve done this at fetes and it’s so popular!!
BUT BUT BUT
As with any of our ambitious programmes the challenge is making sure we have the correct infrastructure for our team (Louisa and Justin themselves will run these) to deliver it in a sustainable way which at the moment, when we do the odd event, it isn’t.
- 5k - This would buy a small 2nd hand caravan that would act as storage for all our workshop resources and warmth during winter. I keep this green we aim to pull it with our hybrid car . We also plan to fit 2 solar panels on the roof so that even when we are at a school we can run our juicers and blenders off the grid.
- 2k - Good quality canvas branded awning and signage so we can look the part while delivering these activities and be sheltered from the elements.
- 5k - This would pay the costs of our resources such as ingredients as we aim to deliver these FREE first hand experiences workshops in the 50 closest schools to Gather Green (in 2018-19 school year!)
We have always felt that if school heads, children and parents get to see what a brilliant approach to nature connection we have then they will all want to come to Gather Green themselves to get the full experience!