A BIT ABOUT US
Heart Space Yoga & Bodyworks is a registered charity (SCIO). We currently rent the studio building with responsibility for maintenance and upkeep. This puts a lot of strain on our resources and restricts our ability to develop our work because we are basically putting the majority of our income into someone else's pocket. Our vision includes maximizing our resources to secure our future and legacy.
The first stage towards achieving this is to own the studio building. This will immediately improve our stability, make better use of financial resources plus it will provide the charity with a working asset as well as a future legacy opportunity. The second stage will be to raise the capital funds to refurbish the studio (see below) by applying to funding organisations like the National Lottery as well as Trusts, Foundations, Just Giving schemes and donations.
THIS IS WHERE WE NEED YOUR SUPPORT
Our bank has approved and agreed to support our vision so we now need your help to raise £36,000 of the £120,000 total required to purchase the building.
We have put together a series of unique rewards in exchange for funding, but it is also possible to just simply donate to the project. Memberships, vouchers and class passes brought here are valid anytime from the end of this funding programme. Each pledge can be assigned to someone else making these a fantastic gift while supporting this amazing project. Everyone backing this project will be contributing to the creation of a world-class Yoga studio for Dundee and will, therefore, be part of the legacy of Heart Space and your name will be included in our hall of fame.
With your help, our future is very exciting. By funding this project you will become part of the fabric of our beautiful building and you will be providing opportunities for so many others to enjoy Yoga in a very special place. We will be delighted to have you on board!
LET'S MAKE THIS THE MOST AMAZING CROWDFUNDING PROJECT EVER.
Hear from the people who come to Heart Space about why they started yoga and what they think of their studio:
With creative design our new studio will feature the following:
- a large multifunctional studio that can be split into two with the use of a dividing wall to allow 2 classes to work side by side and a third space accessed via a new staircase leading up to a mezzanine area
- a new and brighter welcoming reception area and sign-in desk
- cafe, juice bar, and social spaces open all day as well as during classes
- a yoga shop
- relaxation and meditation space
- zen garden and outdoor retreat area
- improved washroom facilities, including showers
- new therapy suite (with its own washroom, shower, and changing facilities)
- improved disabled access to all areas and facilities
- improved lighting, ventilation, and heating