Who are The Feed?
We are a charity and social enterprise that support homeless people in Norwich towards a better life – we do this through great tasting food and training.
We provide food packed full of meaning and great tasting coffee to the lovely people of Norwich – trainees of The Feed gain real life work experience, helping them towards sustainable employment.
We provide support with mental wellbeing, developing budgeting skills and support to access suitable accommodation – we want all The Feed trainees to flourish!
We are a small team with BIG dreams – we believe dreams do can come true and with your help we are working towards developing long-term solutions to end poverty, hunger and homelessness in Norwich.
What we are crowd funding for…..
· A long-term home for The Feed Academy training centre in the city of centre of Norwich
· To fit out the training centre with kitchen equipment
· Enable The Feed to double the number of trainees we can support
· Make a BIGGER difference to the lives of many adults who have faced homelessness in Norwich and tackle barriers to employment
How much of a problem is homelessness?
The impact of being homeless can be devastating, making it harder for individuals to stay healthy, maintain relationships and secure employment.
The impact on health can also be disastrous with people experiencing more physical and mental health problems.
At The Feed we provide training to people who have been homeless, have offending histories, and have substance misuse histories or mental health problems. These are the people furthest from the job market and our training is focused on bringing them closer to work and being productive members of society.
According to Homeless Link, statistically comparing experience of a homeless person compared to the general population:
The majority of homeless people want to work but often face complex barriers to finding and sustaining suitable employment, with your help The Feed can create more opportunities for homeless people in Norwich to reach their full potential and start living the life they have always wanted.
The impact of a permanent home in Norwich…
· Communicate how much homeless people have to offer
· Increase employment opportunities in Norwich
· A fully equipped training centre which serves great food and coffee to the public– packed full of good meaning
· Support more people in Norwich off the street and into the kitchen
· Use the centre to provide evening and weekend meals to people in need of support in Norwich
At The Feed we believe focus shouldn’t be on removing the problem from the public eye, or on homeless people being a ‘problem to solve’.
It should instead be on offering this group the help they need while encouraging the public to support companies with a social mission that will help to eradicate the problem. Please help us to help change the lives of adults in Norwich – Please pledge, share our message and encourage your friends and family to get involved. Together WE can make a difference :)